Friday, March 4, 2011

Interested in a book swap?


Amber of Seasons of Humility is having a wonderful book swap.  Wanna join?  Got some books you're looking for?  Or maybe you've got some books somebody else has been looking for.  Amber may just have solved your problem.  You can either lend, borrow or swap.  That's up to you, as long as both parties are in agreement.  Go check it out and see if someone has just "the" book you've been wanting.  And in the process, make a new friend.  Check out  Amber's Book Swap.

I love to read.  I have a library of probably well over 400 books that I just can't seem to part with them.  One of my daughters doesn't understand it at all - she gives her books away as soon as she finishes reading them.  Me?  I consider all of these books my "friends".  Some of the characters reached out and touched me.  Briefly, their lives became mine.  Their problems sometimes overlapped problems I had.  I just felt so close to them, and I didn't want them to leave me.  So I held on to them.  And I cherished them.  I even re-visited them and read many of those cherished stories over and over again.  But recently, I've come to realize the more I have, the more my children will need to sort through when I leave this earth.  So, I've been trying to go through all my "friends" and see which ones I can send to a new home.  And this book swap sounds like a lovely idea.  I'd know who my "friends" went to, and I'm sure I'd hear from that person and they'd tell me how much they had also come to love my "friends".  I'm reading through the books that are listed as "wanted" to see if someone is looking for any of the books I have that I could find it in my heart to send out. 

What about you?  Do your books become your "friends"?  Amber's book swap sounds like such a lovely idea.  Why don't you drop by her blog and check it out.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I'm more like your daughter, but you are like MY daughter! She has shelves and shelves of good friends! I don't think she will part with any of them to join the swap though. Have you thought about an e-reader like a Kindle? Nah, didn't think so. Book lovers will always be thus. :)