Friday, March 25, 2011

Finis. Finito. Terminado.Fertig. Finished.

Yes.  I did it!  I finished the quilt!  Now THIS is when I wish I could download photos to my laptop. 

It's a little after midnight, and I had no supper tonight, so when I get up in the morning I'm sure I'll be starved.  I sent DD#1 photos of the quilt with my phone when it only had two of the borders on it, and she sent me a text back that she thinks it looks awesome.  Be still my heart!

I'll be going to her house after work tomorrow.  Then DD#1, her husband and I head to Augusta.  DD#1 and DD#2 both turn 34 years old tomorrow.  That's why I was trying so hard to get this quilt top completed.  I'm hoping DD#1's husband will drive tomorrow.  I'll be in the back seat trimming loose threads from the back of the quilt.  Am I the only one that has all those threads that need to be trimmed?  I don't ever hear any quilters talking about trimming them.  So I was just curious.  I always wonder what makes some fabrics have more dangly threads than others.  Is it because it wasn't cut on the grain? 

Gotta scoot.  I still haven't packed!  And I need to get showered.  It's almost 1:00 a.m., and my workday starts at 6:00.  Ah...brings back memories of my youth.   

No internet connectivity in Augusta.  I'm gonna miss you.  All 10 of you.  Smile.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Maria said...

OH I wish you could show us the quilt. Hope you manage to download it soon.
I don't worry about threads at the back as they just get put away in the layers.

Enjoy your trip away.

Barbara said...

Know you will get the photo thing figured out soon, then we can all ohhhhhh....and aaahhhhhhhh...at your work. Have fun!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congratulations on completing the quilt top!! I sure wish you were able to share a picture of it :( Have fun this weekend!

quiltzyx said...

Congratulations Deb!
I hope your trip is so much fun you need a nap when you get home....