Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Blog has been removed" WARNING

Have you ever gone to visit a blog you've visited before and gotten something similar to the following message?  Blog has been removed. Sorry, the blog at pinelandspatches.blogspot.com has been removed.

If you're like me, you're thinking, "Wow, wonder why they closed their blog?"  Would you believe it might not have been closed on purpose????  That's what happened with Barbara.  Read this, and engrave it in your mind to prevent something like this happening to you.

Here is an e-mail from Barbara telling about the removal of her blog:

I'm devasted here.  Because of a new droid cell phone that requires a gmail account, that acct.  was set up for me at Verizon when I got my new phone. So, silly me, thinking I didn't need the old gmail account anymore, I deleted it. What a shock to find that old account was linked to my blog, so of course now my blog is totally gone.  I've dug on the web a little bit, and this is a common occurence, but there's not an easy answer. Even if I was successful in reactivating my old google account and getting my blog back, the photos seem to be gone forever.  So I googled my blog name and found some cached pages which may help remind me of what's important to re-post and a list of the blogs I follow. But my Followers and everyone will now get a notice that my blog is gone, and I have no way of knowing who all of them are.  Would you please post a note on your blog about this with a warning to everyone NEVER to delete that gmail account even if they don't use it or think they need it. If they want to keep their blog, they need it. I just didn't remember that it was necessary to have it from a couple years ago when I set up my blog.  I have a new blog already, but there's nothing in it. However, I'm going to post this and hope everyone will be able to find me again, perhaps with the help of some of my bloggy friends. It's a different name:
http://pinelandstreasures.blogspot.com/ 
Thanks...this too shall pass! :)
Barbara

So, if any of you visit my blog that normally follow Barbara...visit her at her new blog address.

2 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Thanks for the warning. Good news to know.

Barbara said...

Deborah, thanks for posting this! I'm welcoming everyone, and I hope that my experience can be avoided by others. Please feel free to visit and read about it, here is the address of my new blog: Pinelands Treasures
http://pinelandstreasures.blogspot.com/