Sunday, March 20, 2011

I made progress - yay!

I've got all 12 blocks sewn together and have put the "frame" around them.  The sashing between the blocks is 1" finished.  We decided at the LQS we would use that same 1” width for the "frame".  But once I got the blocks together and was ready to cut the fabric, having the "frame" at 1" finished size just wasn't doing it for me.  Since I don't have a creative or artistic bone in my body, I tend to not pay attention when my inner voice tells me something like that.  So I took the fabric and put it beside the calendar blocks and started adjusting the width of the "frame".  I was hoping I could make the “frame” 2” finished size, but that looked too large, so I ended up with 1-1/2” finished size.  I can’t believe it took me all day to cut out the fabric and put sashing and one “frame” around these blocks.  As slow as I am, it should be perfect.  But it’s far from perfect.  I just hope when I get finished, I won’t have a quilt that’s a booger-bear to quilt. 

I got a comment from Misty on a previous post about a way I can possibly save some photos to my blog since I don’t have a personal computer.  If her suggestion works – watch out!  I’ll be posting up a storm then. 

With the progress I’m making, I’m hoping to have the three borders on this quilt before I head to Augusta for the girls’ birthday (my twin daughters turn 34 years old on Friday).  Hopefully it can be quilted by the end of the month.

2 comments:

quiltzyx said...

At least you're making progress, even if you think it's slow!
I hope you can post pictures soon too! Good luck!!!

Barbara said...

Excuuuuuse me??!! Did you actually say you "don't have a creative or artistic bone in your body"? If that was true, you wouldn't be here! And about being slow and perfect, it *will* be perfect; not "far from perfect" as you wrote. Perfection only comes from machines! We can all go out and buy that stuff, really cheap too on sale in department stores -- any size quilt for $29.99. Although they may spruce up a room, they are never made by hand, thus are not nearly as special. Just a couple reminders...