Sunday, June 19, 2011

My H2H Charity Quilt is finished




Debra at Debra's Design Studio just completed the quilting on my H2H Charity Quilt, and I'm so pleased with the final results.  I worked in Kosovo and Bosnia, and the locals I worked with loved bright colors.  I'm making the assumption the folks in Romania love bright colors too, so I hope I made the right choice with my color selections.  Being fairly new to quilting, I was bumfuzzled as to what pattern to use, so Debra came up with this one.   This was my second time to do a 9-patch block.  The first time?  The first time was my initial introduction to Debra.  She had asked for donations of 9-patch blocks for a quilt that she would make that would be auctioned for the American Cancer Society.  She even had to send me the 9-patch instuctions and answer my questions about her color requirements.  I know I bug her to death with all my questions, but she's been a trooper about it, and has been there for me every time I've needed her.  And I've needed her a lot. 

Huge thanks to Debra!!!!
This is my first 9-patch quilt, and my first charity quilt.  I did it.  I can't believe it.  I did it.   Yippee!

8 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

It's beautiful, and you should be very proud!! Doesn't it feel good to do something for others?

Maria said...

What a beautiful quilt debra. I am sure it will be very well loved by the recipient.

quiltzyx said...

Great job Deb!!!

The nine-patch is one of my favorite blocks - always my 'go-to' if I need to actually get something finished!

Debra Dixon said...

This turned out to be a super quilt!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Very nice~! You should be proud of your H2H quilt. I use google reader and your have received great advice. I even learned a thing or two!!

Karen said...

Your quilt is awesome. You did an outstanding job.

rooee said...

congratulations, i feel your excitement in your blog. you should feel proud, it is stunning!

Becky said...

What a beautiful quilt. Congrats!
Thanks for visiting Life or Something Like It. New follower via GFC.
BTW, out of 58,000 entries, I still can't believe I won the IPad2!