Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mac Users beware of fake antivirus program called MACDefender

Safety Alert

Yet another reason I'm afraid to purchase a new laptop. 

Not long ago, I stumbled across a newsletter called Techlicious.  Since I'm severely electronically-challenged, I thought I might pick up some key points from this newsletter that would make me not quite so dumb to my kids (as if that could ever happen).  I've picked up on a few things from the newsletter, but never thought about sharing it with anyone.  Ha - especially because practically everybody knows more about cell phones, cablevision, computers, etc than I do.

Those of you who have been reading my blog know I don't own a computer.  The one I use is furnished by my employer for the days I work from home.  My personal computer bit the dust.  I even took it to three different shops to see if it could be revived, but sadly, it has performed it's last search.  I was considering purchasing a Mac because of a comment Sarah of Confessions of a Fabric Addict left on my recent post about getting a virus on my work-issued laptop.

Now I see this article  and then this article from my Techlicious newsletter telling about the Mac virus attack.  This article still gives high ratings to the Mac regarding virus protection, and I'm still considering a Mac.  But I wanted to get the word out to all of you about this.

So Mac owners - read this!  Don't fall victim to this latest scam.

No comments: