Thursday, May 5, 2011

I've been cutting fabric

Well, once again, I wish I had photos I could post.  I've been cutting fabric for the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge.  Keep your fingers crossed!  I may have to get a bit creative if I run short, which is a possibility.  I don't have the money to go out and buy more fabric, so tried to go with something I had in my stash.  Lord, I'm praying I've got enough fabric.  Please, please, please.

I was hoping to have everything cut out before American Idol came on TV, but that didn't happen.  And I know better than to try and attempt cutting some of the strips while the commercial is on.  Since I have to measure three tmes to cut that one time, and I already know I'm running short with my fabric, I can't take a chance and screw up.

I guess I'll be packing my bags during commercials.  I'll be heading to Augusta after work tomorrow.  I'll be there to spend Mother's Day with my mom, and I reckon we'll be celebrating my birthday (it's Monday).   I'll be 58 years old.  Wow!  I know I look that old outside.  I feel older than that in my knees and my back and my joints.  But I feel 20 years old in my heart.  I'm always shocked when I think about how old I am.  And how long I've worked in my job.  I've worked for the government since May 12th, 1975.  That's 37 years.  Thirty.  Seven.  Years.  Where did time go?

How the heck did I get started in that direction???

I'm heading to pack my bags.  I won't be on-line until I return Sunday evening.  I'm going to miss visiting all of your blogs and reading about what you've been doing.  And in the meantime, if any of you are in the Atlanta area, how about coming by and cutting my fabric?  I'd really, really appreciate it.  I'll leave a tip jar in the sewing room for you.

Have a good weekend, y'all.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Love that you are using your stash (my best projects came from stash fabrics) and that you are cutting by hand. I find rotary cutting to be very relaxing, and I enjoy it. Good luck with the project!

Shay said...

Have fun this weekend with your Mom. We'll all be sitting here waiting to hear all about it when you get back.

Im sure your new project will be beautiful. I always think cutting the fabric is one of the most exciting parts of any project!