Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lump-less binding tutorial

This is an awesome tutorial.  Especially for someone like me.  Since I'm a visual learner, I have difficulties with a lot of new techniques. 

I get intimidated easily when attempting new things.  I get caught up in trying to understand the steps.  In fact, earlier today I e-mailed Wendy at Why Knot? about a comment she made on another blog because I didn't understand the concept she was describing (not this one but something else).  And Wendy was so gracious, she promptly e-mailed me back with an answer.  And duh!  I still didn't understand.  So she then drew me a diagram and sent it to me.  And I got it.  Told you - I'm a visual learner

So....when I saw the Lump-less binding tutorial at Karen's Quilting I saw a tutorial that is going to make binding quilts a true joy.  I've always had so many problems getting those dangly end pieces of the binding matched together.  It is always so dang evident where I do the matchy-matchy to finish off the binding.

So....whatcha' waiting for???  Check out this fantastic easy, easy, easy lump-less binding tutorial

Let me know what you think.  Cuz I'm nosey like that!  Yep, that's me.   Nosey, nosey, nosey.  Tell me whatcha think.  Is it awesome or what??  I'm almost tingling with excitement to try this technique on my calendar quilt.  As soon as I get it back from the quilter, I'm going to rip open that box and RUN to the sewing machine to sew the binding on!  What a change from the usual "Oh God, how am I going to screw this up?"  Like the song goes, "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it!"  And I am!!!!

2 comments:

Sandra Henderson said...

Ill have to try this. So glad you left a comment so i can find your blog!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Great tutorial. Thanks for the link. I hope you have great success!!