Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge - last day for sign-up

First up, my apologies for posting this the very last day of the challenge, but I just found it a couple of hours ago and it took me this long to find out how to post the button on my blog.

Look over to the right of my blog - do you see the Hands2Help Charity Quilt Challenge button?

The rules are simple - you'll be paired up with another participant, and the two of you will swap two yards of fabric.  You will each then make a 60" x 60" quilt with the fabrics you received, and send the finished quilt to Judi at Green Fairy Quilts.  There will be a giveaway at the beginning of the challenge, among those who sign up, and one at the end, among those that send finished quilts to Judi!
Naturally there are deadlines to meet, but they all see do-able (jeez, is that a word?), so guess what??  Squeal!!  I've signed up to participate.  This is my first time to do something like this.  The only other thing I've ever participated in is an International Christmas Quilt Swap, and honestly, my outcome on that wasn't very good.
But I'm excited about this, and I hope that at least one of my nine followers will sign up for this (even though time is running out on this challenge).
Hop on over to Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict and leave her a comment letting her know you'll participate.  Heck, if I can do it you can do it!  Let me know if you sign up - that would be so cool!  I'd love to know I influenced at least one person to do this.

Make sure you watch the video posted here and see the quilts that were donated last year as well as what was purchased with money that was donated.  If you don't think you can make a quilt, or don't want to take on a commitment like that, you can donate money that will be used to purchase food and/or school supplies.  Watch the video and you'll be reminded once again how fortunate you are.  Please help.

1 comment:

Sarah Craig said...

Great post, Deborah!! Thanks so much!!