Sunday, July 17, 2011

Speed cutting video

Remember, I consider myself new to quilting, and I'm still learning a lot.  But late last night, I stumbled across this post at KateKwiltz.  At the end of this short post, she gives you a link to a video for speed cutting.  In the video, I was amazed at the simplicity of the cutting technique.  The demonstration is for a square on point, and with four simple cuts with the rotary cutter, you have cut 6 square on point blocks ready for sewing (consisting of 30 pieces).  Just that simple!

Again - you might already know this, but I was truly impressed.

To go straight to the speed cutting video, click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this, too, and was intrigued. I don't think I'd use it for just a couple of the blocks, but if I had to do a dozen or more it's a great idea.

Debra Dixon said...

That was slick! I make my Square in a Square blocks from the method where you add strips to the center block & it works great. This new method is work trying.

Shannon said...

What a great tip!! I love her idea, thank you!

Barbara said...

Very clever!