Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just One Star

While reading the Moda The Cutting Table newsletter I came across a challenge from Moda called Just One Starcan comfort a soldier. "The Moda challenge is to piece, quilt and bind 100 quilts in 100 days using the Flag of Valor pattern by Minick and Simpson." Moda needs 1800 star blocks to reach this goal. The deadline for star blocks is May 1, 2011 so that they can meet their quilt deadline by Flag Day, June 14, 2011. You send completed blocks to Moda at the address in the link.

There is a tutorial/pattern for stars. Won't you consider making one...or two...or more?

I've always been patriotic - red, white, and blue always touch my heart.  I work for another agency now, but 30 years of my career was spent as a civilian for Department of the Army.  I spent 7 of those years in Europe working for the Army, and saw first-hand the sacrifice these men and women make for our country.  I saw entirely too many of injured soldiers at Ramstein Air Force Base - many of them younger than my children.  It was a truly humbling experience.  Thank you for contributing.

2 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

I will be making at least one block for this very worth while project. Probably more like two or three. It's on my list for next week.

Aimee said...

Thanks for the heads up on this one. Will be making a few blocks & attempt to guilt a few loved ones into doing the same :)